Dandaragan is the centre for a thriving rural community, 154 kilometres or just one and three quarter hour's drive north of Perth, the district boasts lush pastures and abundant crops produced from the lucrative farming land. The characterisitc red and white gum trees and a spectacular array of wildflowers in the spring also compliment the area.
Dandaragan Way is an alternative route to Brand Highway from Regan's Ford. This route offers a scenic and historic drive through rolling hills and majestic red gum trees. Crossing permanent running creeks, local wildlife can often be seen including large flocks of white corellas.
- Experience the history of this community
- Pack a picnic and enjoy the shady river banks at Regan's Ford
- Visit a soap stone built church
- Visit Pioneer Park, the transit caravan park offers a modern ablution block as well as barbeques, gazebos and rotunda. Close by are first class sporting and recreational facilities.
- St Anne's Church is a charming Anglican Church, constructed between 1885 and 1887 has an interesting Gothic Arch for its entry and is made from local soap stone from "Kayanaba" a nearby property. The church is open to the public.
- Situated on the Badgingarra Road only seven kilometres from Dandaragan is Wolba Wolba or Aggie's Cottage, this brick and stone cottage was erected in 1871 and is still used today by local craft and historical groups. Only 50 metres away is a fresh water lake with many different species of water birds.
- The historic post office is also made from local stone, the historic post and telegraph office opened for business in 1896. Although no longer open to the general public, it is an attractive sight from the road.
- Regan's Ford is a pleasant shady picnic spot on the banks of the Moore River. The site of an old stone crossing constructed in 1876, the Windmill Roadhouse is situated 300 metres north west of the bridge.
- A convenient stopping point is Cataby, it includes the BP Roadhouse and Cataby Hotel/Motel situated on the Brand Highway 20 kilometres west of Dandaragan, while Ampol Cataby is 3 kilometres due south of the BP Roadhouse.
Dandaragan accommodation and tours
For information about Dandaragan accommodation and tour options visit the Pinnacles Visitor Centre
website or call +61 8 9652 7672.