Spanning from the northern suburbs of Perth to just south of Dongara, the Indian Ocean Drive offers a scenic journey to the coastal towns of Cervantes, Jurien Bay, Green Head, Leeman, Dongara and Port Denison. The Indian Ocean Drive is a scenic but quick road, making the area an excellent day trip destination or the first port of call on your journey north.
These seaside towns are great short break destinations offering plenty of things to see and do on the coast and inland. Marvel at the Pinnacles Desert in Cervantes, observe endangered sea lions in marine parks and explore the unique and rare wildflowers.
Best time to Visit: All year around; June – July (4WDing enthusiasts - rainfall may be apparent)
Top Ten Things to do:
1. Wander among thousands of unique golden limestone spires in the Pinnacles Desert
2. Take a tour of a working rock lobster factory and enjoy a tasty seafood lunch
3. Enjoy watching the playful endangered Australian sea lions
4. Between July - October, discover over 6,000 species of wildflowers the Lesueur and Nambung National Parks
5. Explore the Jurien Bay’s snorkelling trail – Australia’s first man-made snorkel reef
6. Travel the Turquoise Way trail in Jurien Bay
7. Go four-wheel driving along the Hill River track
8. Picnic and wind surf at Dynamite Bay
9. Explore Drovers Caves within the Stockyard Gully National Park
10. Marvel at the marine life and take a boat tour to see the endangered Australian sea lions