Coral Bay, Ningaloo Reef
A marine paradise in the Ningaloo region of Australia, Coral Bay is one of Western Australia’s favourite holiday spots. With beautiful coral gardens just metres from the pristine white beaches of this tiny, laidback seaside town, it’s a nature lover’s dream.
Qantas flies daily (it's a 90minute flight) from Perth to Exmouth Learmonth Airport and then it's a 90minute drive to reach Coral Bay. Here you’ll discover a host of land and sea adventures to suit everyone, and with beach weather all year round it’s a favourite for travellers young and old.
Things to see and do:
- Grab your snorkelling gear, step off the beach and immerse yourself in the natural beauty of Ningaloo’s cabbage coral gardens.
- You can experience some of the best game fishing in Australia
- Swim with the whale sharks from March to June, or with the majestic manta rays all year round.
- Check out the reef shark nursery, just a 20 minute walk from Main Beach. From October to March as many as 200 reef sharks lurk in the shallow waters.
- Head down to Main Beach at 3.30pm and feed the schools of norwest snapper that swim into shore at this time every day.
Tours to go on:
- Join a whale shark tour. These gentle giants of the ocean visit the Coral Bay region of Australia every year from March to June.
- Encounter the Coral Bay locals and swim with manta rays
- Explore Ningaloo Reef in style aboard a luxury catamaran. Sleep on Ningaloo Reef and go swimming, snorkelling and scuba diving.
- Go whale watching (in season) or spot dugongs and sea turtles.
- Experience the thrill of a quad biking tour or a four wheel drive safari - a great way to explore Coral Bay’s beaches and encounter the wildlife of WA.
- Cast a line from the designated beaches or join a deep sea bottom fishing or light game fishing tour.
- Take a scenic helicopter flight and see the coast and reef in all their glory from the air.
- View vibrant coral and marine creatures of the Ningaloo Reef from the comfort of a glass-bottom boat or sea kayak.