If you're travelling on the Coral Coast Highway there is so much to see and explore - but where do you stay? RAC Parks & Resorts has the perfect location to base yourself; from the Pinnacles at Cervantes to Coral Bay and Exmouth on the Ningaloo Reef.
However it is the RAC Monkey Mia Dolphin Resort which really shines, having undergone extensive redevelopment and expansion.Situated within the Shark Bay World Heritage Area, the property is home to one of the world's best-known dolphin encounters.
The newly delivered improvements at Monkey Mia include:
- 12 x new 2 and 3-bedroom family villas.
- The campground area has tripled in size to 129 powered sites and 80 grassed unpowered sites, some of which are in absolute beachfront location.
- Addition of a second swimming pool which is also accessible for guests in wheelchairs, as well as an additional children's pool.
- Brand new camp kitchens, recreation room and new ablutions.
- New staff accommodation for up to 90 staff.
- New Reception and administration building with a larger general store.
- Brand new Malgana Aboriginal Cultural Centre.
- Upgrade to the Monkey Mia Airport, including sealing and widening the runway. With more flight options now available via Regional Express Airlines between Perth and Shark Bay, visitation to the region has already increased.