Wildflowers are now blooming on the NIngaloo Coast World Heritage area, which marks the beginning of the 2019 Coral Coast wildflower season!
The later than expected seasonal rainfall has pushed germination and flowering out a few weeks compared to 2018 but predictions say the 2019 season will be spectacular.
2019 Wildflower Sightings and Predictions
- Look out for patches of wildflowers between Carnarvon and Miaboolya Beach, on the Blowholes Road and on the main highway between Carnarvon and Exmouth.
- White and Yellow Everlastings, and some Mulla Mulla are starting to appear at Red Bluff.
North West Highway between Billabong Roadhouse and Carnarvon
- Tribulus suberosa
- Ptilotus obovatus
- Paper daisy (everlastings)
Exmouth - Cape Range National Park
- Crotalaria cunninghamii Green Bird Flower
- Mulla Mulla is about 2 weeks away, will be in the Cape Range NP. Currently it’s green and without its signature purple fluffy ‘coat’
- Sturt Red Desert Pea found on east coast of Cape (nearer to Exmouth Gulf) and in Town of Exmouth
Last updated: 24 July 2019
Please note: This page is regularly updated with current wildflower information so be sure to check back regularly.