As most backpackers can testify, the backpacking experience is such a unique and individual journey that is remembered and treasured for the rest of your life. It is simply impossible to replicate!
Australia's Coral Coast provides the ultimate landscape in which to create your very own journey. The Coral Coast caters for those who seek not only the great outdoors but also a combination of culture, adventure and relaxation.
With the Coral Coast's alluring weather and spectacular coastline, it is the ultimate year-round destination. Take your time travelling up and down the coast to experience that 'off the beaten track' or 'wanderlust' encounter with the land that so many travellers do not have the time to do.
- Visit the world famous Pinnacles
- Catch a wave! Windsurfing, kitesurfing and surfing along the coast
- Abseiling and trekking Kalbarri National Park or sand boarding, canoeing and quad biking in Kalbarri
- Whale watching (seasonal) along the coast
- Deep sea or shore fishing along the coast
- Feed the famous Monkey Mia dolphins
- Be inspired by aboriginal culture on an Indigenous tour
- Get off the beaten track and see Mount Augustus and the Kennedy Ranges
- Snorkel or dive and explore the magnificent Ningaloo Reef
- Swim with the world's largest fish - the whale shark!
- Experience an outback safari of the ruggedly beautiful Cape Range National Park
Backpacking accommodation and services are located throughout Australia's Coral Coast, and for those that don't have the luxury of private transport, local operators provide a range of jump-on jump-off transport options.
For those wanting to work while you travel, Working Holiday Visa's are available upon application with the Australian Department of Immigration. Australia's Coral Coast provides a range of work opportunities, from hospitality and seasonal fruit picking to skilled worker positions such as nursing.
Harvest Trail - extend your stay in Australia by spending at least three-month doing seasonal work.
Go West Now - This government website provides information on living and working in Western Australia
Willing Workers On Organic Farms (WWOOF) - sign up to do voluntary work, which offers some great perks.