The best time to visit the Coral Coast is from March to October.
This is due to the seasonality of our tours and natural experiences. Additionally, we experience fine warm days and clear nights - perfect for outdoor activities, touring and exploring what the region has to offer.
Step 1. Which Direction to travel?
Most people drive South to North (in this case Perth to Ningaloo), but frequently this leaves a surplus of vehicles in one location. Driving from Ningaloo to Perth (North to South) whilst on your self-drive holiday can sometimes give you a wider choice of vehicles, as well as a further reduced relocation fee of $150.
Drive One Way
Avis Australia is offering seasonal one way hire car rentals between Perth and Exmouth from 1 April to 31 October in 2019 and 2020. The Coral Coast Highway itineraries can be followed via a Perth to Exmouth (Northward) journey or an Exmouth to Perth (Southward) journey.
Fly the Other
When hiring a one-way rental at the reduced rate, you will now have more:
- Money to spend on tours and accommodation
- Time to relax, as you will be flying one way with Qantas either to or from Learmonth
- Flexibility to go at your own pace
- Freedom to enjoy the local experience, taking photos and making memories
- Money spent on fuel
- Time behind the wheel, allowing more quality time to explore
- Long drives, making for easier and safer driving
* If visiting from the UK on a Qantas Explorer Pass, you can fly from Perth - Learmonth for as little as AUD $60 (or £38)
Let's plan this road trip!
Step 2. Reserve your hire car with Avis
Visitors can now book one-way car hire for as little as $250 from Perth to Exmouth, and $150 Exmouth to Perth - offering greatly reduced fees during this period. A daily hire rate is additional, with a minimum hire of 7 days.