Built in 1868 by Titis Russ, Russ Cottage is a fine example of a rural workers home of over 145 years ago. The kitchen floor is made from crushed ant hill, packed down to make a hard surface.

The cottage was purchased from the Russ family 100 years after it was built by the Shire of Irwin. It has since been leased and restored by the Irwin District Historical Society and furnished as a 1870s yeoman's cottage.


  • History & Heritage


  • Disabled access available, contact operator for details.
Parker Street, Port Denison, 6525, Australia

Caters for people who have a wheelchair