Western Australia truly is the home of the road trip. The 1200km (800 miles) Coral Coast Highway from Perth to Exmouth at is one of Australia’s great scenic drives. Along the way you will discover a combination of some of Australia’s most amazing attractions and experiences, many found nowhere else on earth, as the road hugs the Indian Ocean coastline.
First stop on the Coral Coast Highway drive is the famous Pinnacles Desert, just north of Perth. Last stop is the World’s largest fringing reef, the World Heritage Listed Ningaloo Reef. In between you will encounter pink lakes, high sea cliffs, outback red dirt, tropical fruit plantations, amazing wildlife, delicious local seafood (our specialty) and a variety of fresh produce and of course, amazing beaches.
The Coral Coast is all about:
1. Aquatic and Coastal Experiences
2. Incredible Native Wildlife - 'The Wild and Free'
3. Wildflowers & National Parks
4. Unique Guided Experiences
5. Colourful Ancient Landscapes
6. Pristine Reefs
7. Aussie Adventures
8. UNESCO World Heritage Areas
9. Outback Tranquility
10. Memories to last a Lifetime
The only thing spoilt, will be you.
The Coral Coast Highway - a Fly and Drive Holiday
Avis Australia now make it easier than ever to overcome the distances by offering a great one way hire car rental deal between Perth and Exmouth. For a 2-year period, from 1 April to 31 October in 2019 and again in 2020, Avis will reduce their one-way relocation fee (normally $1,000) to $250 driving Perth to Exmouth and $150.00 if driving Exmouth back to Perth. Normal hire car rates and conditions apply.
How do I plan and book this trip?
- Decide which direction to go - drive first or fly first?
- Reserve your hire car with Avis
- Book your flights with Qantas
- Organise and pre-book your major Tours*
- Choose which Towns to visit and choose your Accommodation
* It is highly recommended to book tours in advance, especially Whale Shark, Humpback Whales and Manta Ray swims.
Sit back and enjoy the drive
After all, the journey is more than half the fun. You can see a lot from behind the wheel of a car; and the other leg of your trip is a relaxing flight.