Welcome to the Coral Coast Highway.
Along the way, you will discover a combination of some of Australia's and the world's most amazing attractions and experiences, many found nowhere else on earth, as the road hugs the Indian Ocean coastline.
The Coral Coast Highway takes you to two of Western Australia's three World Heritage Areas - Shark Bay and Ningaloo. You'll find pristine coastlines and colourful reefs, rugged gorges and striking ranges, world-class diving, snorkelling and fishing, an abundance of incredible wildlife and marine life, heritage, history and culture, foodie experiences and carefully crafted brews, and a landscape filled with colour from green to blue, red to pink, orange to yellow...
Your first stop on the Coral Coast Highway is the famous otherworldly Pinnacles Desert of Nambung National Park, just north of Perth. Your last stop? The World's largest fringing reef - the World Heritage Listed Ningaloo Reef.
The only thing spoilt, will be you.
The Coral Coast Highway - a Fly and Drive Holiday
From 1 April to 31 October, 2021, Avis Australia will make it easier than ever to overcome the distances by offering a great one way hire car rental deal between Perth and Exmouth, with a significantly reduced one-way relocation fee.
How do I plan and book this trip?
- Decide which direction to go - drive first or fly first?
- Reserve your hire car with Avis
- Book your flights with Qantas
- Organise and pre-book your major tours*
- Choose which towns to visit and choose your accommodation
* It is highly recommended to book tours in advance, especially Whale Shark, Humpback Whales and Manta Ray swims.
Need to know:
- The relocation fee is in additional to daily rental fees and any applicable charges applied by Avis Australia
- One way rentals available from Perth City and Perth Airport depots. Contact Avis Australia directly to confirm participating locations
- There is a minimum 7-day rental period for the discounted relocation fee to apply
- For full rental vehicle terms and conditions, refer to Avis Australia's hire policy
Follow a Coral Coast Highway Itinerary
Sit back and enjoy the drive
After all, the journey is more than half the fun. You can see a lot from behind the wheel of a car; and the other leg of your trip is a relaxing flight.