The best time to visit the Coral Coast is from March to October.
This is due to the seasonality of our tours and natural experiences. Additionally, we experience fine warm days and clear nights - perfect for outdoor activities, touring and exploring what the region has to offer.
Step 1. Which Direction to travel?
Most people drive South to North (in this case Perth to Ningaloo), but frequently this leaves a surplus of vehicles in one location. Driving from Ningaloo to Perth (North to South) whilst on your self-drive holiday can sometimes give you a wider choice of vehicles.
Drive One Way
From 1 April to 31 October, 2021 Avis Australia is offering seasonal one way hire car rentals between Perth and Exmouth with significantly reduced one-way relocation fees. The Coral Coast Highway itineraries can be followed via a Perth to Exmouth (Northward) journey or an Exmouth to Perth (Southward) journey.
Fly the Other
When hiring a one-way rental at the reduced rate, you will now have more:
- Money to spend on tours and accommodation
- Time to relax, as you will be flying one way with Qantas either to or from Learmonth
- Flexibility to go at your own pace
- Freedom to enjoy the local experience, taking photos and making memories
- Money spent on fuel
- Time behind the wheel, allowing more quality time to explore
- Long drives, making for easier and safer driving
* If visiting from the UK on a Qantas Explorer Pass, you can fly from Perth - Learmonth for as little as AUD $60 (or £38)
Let's plan this road trip!