The best time to visit the Coral Coast is from March to October.
This is due to the seasonality of our tours and natural experiences. Additionally, we experience fine warm days and clear nights - perfect for outdoor activities, touring and exploring what the region has to offer.
Step 1. Which Direction to travel?
Most people drive South to North (in this case Perth to Ningaloo), but frequently this leaves a surplus of vehicles in one location. Driving from Ningaloo to Perth (North to South) whilst on your self-drive holiday can sometimes give you a wider choice of vehicles, as well as a further reduced relocation fee of $150.
Drive One Way
Hertz Australia and Avis Australia are offering seasonal one way hire car rentals between Perth and Exmouth from 1 April to 31 October in 2020 and 2021 (Hertz) with reduced relocation fees from both hire car companies. The current relocation fee, additional to the standard daily car hire rates and conditions, to pick-up a vehicle in Exmouth and return it to Perth, or vice versa, currently costs $1,000. Customers will only pay a $250.00 relocation fee if hiring a car to drive from Perth to Exmouth, and $150.00 if hiring from Exmouth and dropping the vehicle back in Perth.
Fly the Other
When hiring a one-way rental at the reduced rate, you will now have more:
- Money to spend on tours and accommodation
- Time to relax, as you will be flying one way with Qantas either to or from Learmonth
- Flexibility to go at your own pace
- Freedom to enjoy the local experience, taking photos and making memories
- Money spent on fuel
- Time behind the wheel, allowing more quality time to explore
- Long drives, making for easier and safer driving
* If visiting from the UK on a Qantas Explorer Pass, you can fly from Perth - Learmonth for as little as AUD $60 (or £38)
Let's plan this road trip!