3 Night Island Escape - $570.00 per person
- Includes 3 nights accommodation + return ferry transfers.
- 4 people in a 2 bedroom Beachfront Cabin - $570.00 per person
- 6 people in a 3 bedroom Beachfront Cabin - $570.00 per person
- Valid for Tuesday-Friday stays until October 2021
Island + Outback 7 Night Discovery Package - $1,399 per person (twin share)
- 3 nights at the Onslow Beach Resort in an Ocean View Suite with daily booked breakfast (stay 2 nights before your island trip and 1 night on return)
- 4 nights at the Mackerel Islands in a Beachfront Cabin with one Dinner Under the Stars
- Return island boat transfers
- Free Onslow Airport pickup or car parking included
- Valid until October 2021
Outback Ranges to Reef Road Trip - a value-packaged 6 night package starting from $2,390 for 2 people
- Arrive Saturday to Karijini National Park
- Saturday to Monday: 2 nights at Karijini Eco Retreat in a Deluxe Eco Tent, including continental breakfast
- Monday: Drive from Karijini to Onslow. Enjoy 1 night at Onslow Beach Resort in an Ocean View Suite, including cooked breakfast. Leave your car at the resort for your island stay (free parking included)
- Tuesday: Travel from Onslow to the Mackerel Islands on a 45-minute boat transfer
- Tuesday to Friday: Enjoy 3 nights at the Mackerel Islands in a Beachfront Cabin, including one Dinner Under the Stars plus stand up paddle board and kayak hire
- Friday: Travel from the Mackerel Islands back to Onslow on a 45-minute boat transfer
- Depart Friday from Onslow
- Valid until October 2021 for stays Saturday to Friday, subject to availability and excluding school holidays
- Please note this is a self-drive package in your own vehicle, car hire is not included.
- 2 couples (4 people) travelling together - from $2,390 per couple
- 7 night package - from $2,890 (2 people) or from $5,360 (4 people)
Visit https://mackerelislands.com.au/deals/ for more details, bookings and Ts+Cs.
The Mackerel Islands are a coastal expression of the Pilbara’s untamed beauty. Whether you’re a local, travelling through the Pilbara, or seeking to discover uncharted terrain, the magic of your time on the Mackerel Islands will stay with you forever.
Located 20 minutes from Onslow, a holiday or day trip to the Mackerel Islands provides a wilderness-style experience boasting world–class fishing, diving, snorkelling, swimming, boating, nature watching and relaxation in protected, calm waters.
Two of the ten islands – Thevenard Island and Direction Island – offer accommodation and access to an extraordinary experience, where rugged adventure meets isolation at its most splendid.
Ningaloo to Onslow - 370km
Exmouth to Onslow - 400km
Carnarvon to Onslow - 495km
Karijini National Park to Onslow - 430km
Karratha to Onslow - 300km
Broome to Onslow - 1,130km
Perth to Onslow - 1,400km
Then the ferry transfer to Direction Island is 20 minutes; to Thevenard Island is 45 minutes. Once you're on the islands everything is right at your doorstep!
Thevenard Island offers 4WD tours for up to 17 people to explore the island's many natural features.
Whether you're seeking a family holiday, group getaway, a castaway-style adventure or romantic escape, Mackerel Islands accommodation caters for you.
Our beachfront cabins on Thevenard Island combine home comforts with tasteful simplicity, and can accommodate between 2 and 10 people.
Or, if you've ever wanted to have an island all to yourself, Direction Island is just the place with one cabin sleeping up to 8 people.