The Shark Bay World Heritage Discovery and Visitor Centre is part of the Western Australian Visitor Information Network, staffed by friendly knowledgeable locals who are passionate about Shark Bay. Look for the blue and yellow 'i' - it's your pointer to our friendly, helpful, accredited Shark Bay Visitor Information Centres located on the Denham Foreshore.
The Shark Bay Discovery Centre has been designed to showcase the significance and history of the Shark Bay region. The centre’s informative displays; soundscapes, historical and contemporary film footage, interactive multimedia and objects of rare scientific and historical significance take you on the most amazing journey around Shark Bay and across time, in company and conversation with those who have been part of this extraordinary place.
Open seven days a week, 363 Days a year, we are only closed on Good Friday, Christmas day and New Years day.
- 09:00 – 16:30 Monday
- 09:00 – 16:30 Tuesday
- 09:00 – 16:30 Wednesday
- 09:00 – 16:30 Thursday
- 09:00 – 16:30 Friday
- 10:00 - 16:00 Saturday (09:00 – 13:00 NOV - MAR)
- 10:00 - 16:00 Sunday (09:00 – 13:00 NOV - MAR)
- 10:00 - 16:00 Public holidays
- Itinerary planning, local knowledge and insights
- Maps and directions
- Free booking services for accommodation and tours
- Road conditions and transport options
- 24-hour access to information (maps and visitor guide)
- Public toilets
- Emergency contact numbers