You've probably heard of Lucky Bay in Esperenace but did you know there's a Lucky Bay beach near Kalbarri?
Found just 30 mins drive south of Kalbarri town, visitors mostly spend the days going back and forth to the beach, swimming, fishing and four-wheel driving on the soft sand dunes. It's not far from Wagoe Beach Quad Bikes if you want to book on a tour!
A Camping area among the dunes is available for tents and camper trailers. There is bush toilets, industrial bins and even a chemical toilet dump point. The only thing it doesn't have is fresh water so make sure you top up your tanks before you head in. A pet friendly and a perfect spot to camp with dogs if you have them on board!
With it's close proximity to Kalbarri, restock your supplies (food and water) in town as you need to be fully self-sufficient here at Lucky Bay - but it's worth it!
LUCKY BAY CAMPING CONDITIONS
- This is a Nature Based camping area, no potable water provided or available. Must have own adequate water supply.
- Must let tyres down to at least 20psi, must have own portable air-compressor as no such services available.
- Drive Slowly – 40km/hr on main access roads, 10km/hr within camping areas.
- Maximum stay is 28 consecutive days unless otherwise approved by the Council.
- Please place all rubbish in bins provided.
- If you do not have a portable chemical toilet you must camp in areas where ablutions are provided.
- Observe conditions of use of ablutions.
- No medical services are available.
- Use of mobile power generators external to the vehicle permitted.
- Dogs to be on leash at all times.
- Fish offal to be placed in a sealed bag/container and placed in refuse bins or disposed of out to sea. Do not bury or dispose of within camping areas.
- Clearing or removal of vegetation for any purpose is strictly prohibited.
- The Shire of Northampton accepts no liability for personal damage or loss to any vehicle, caravan and/or campervan.
- Shelters provided are for general public use, not for individual or private use.
- Campfires are allowed from 6.00pm to 7.00am, to be fully extinguished at all other times and subject to the following:
- Fire must be within a portable self contained fire pit/vessel
- Fires in natural sand pits or on ground are prohibited
- Camp fires are NOT permitted during very high, extreme or catastrophic fire conditions.
DUMP POINT – a waste dump pointed is located on access road to Lucky Bay near camping areas, note dump point washings water is non-potable, do not use.
CAMPING FEES: $15 per vehicle, per night - EFTPOS facilities are available (no cash out)
For further information please call Department of Biodiversity, Conservation & Attractions on +61 8 9937 1140.