Starting from Cervantes spanning north, the Indian Ocean Drive (road extension off Perth's Yanchep suburb) offers a scenic journey to the coastal towns of Cervantes, Jurien Bay, Green Head, Leeman, Dongara and Port Denison.
The Indian Ocean Drive is a scenic but quick road trip, making the journey an excellent day trip from Perth, or the first port of call on your journey north along Australia's Coral Coast. These seaside towns are great short break destinations offering plenty of things to see and do on the coast and inland.
To start your journey, Cervantes is a short 2 hours' drive north of Perth.
* Top Ten *
- Explore: The Pinnacles Desert of Nambung National Park by car, foot or cycle
- Tour: Dongara-Port Denison's award-winning Rum distillery and taste the rum
- Explore: Walk or cycle the Three Bays Walkway with panoramic views of the coast
- Go: caving in Stockyard Gully National Park (4WD required)
- Camp: At a secluded eco-campsite such as Milligan Island, Sandy Cape or Cliff Head
- Meet: The endangered sea lions of Jurien Bay
- Taste: Western Rock Lobster at Lobster Shack in Cervantes
- See: the living thrombolites at Lake Thetis
- Scream: a little on a skydive in Jurien Bay landing on the pristine white beaches
- Visit: Green Head and picnic at nearby Lesueur National Park